RE: Comments on the new RDF Test Cases draft

From: by way of <cmjg@tribble.ilrt.bris.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 00:03:37 -0400
To: www-rdf-comments@w3.org
[caught in spam trap -rrs]

Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 05:26:36 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-rdf-comments@w3.org
Cc: massimo@w3.org

Massimo, you wrote:

[on the text:]

A parser is considered to pass the test if it produces a graph
isomorphic with the graph described by the N-triples output document.

> > This is wrong, according to the standard definition of graph isomorphism
> > (care when using words without accurate definitions...!).

An RDF graph is a labelled digraph with (some) blank nodes - that is,
N-Triples "labels" on blank nodes are only artifacts of a graph serialisation
mechanism. I'd always used terms like "isomorphism" to refer to the
appropriate equivalence relationship for the class of mathematical objects
I'm talking about at the time. Would the following replacement text suffice?

A parser is considered to pass the test if it produces an RDF graph
(that is, a partially-labelled labelled digraph) isomorphic with the RDF
graph described by the N-triples output document.

Cheers,
jan