Comments on the new RDF Test Cases draft

From: Massimo Marchiori <massimo@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 02:08:04 +0200
To: "Www-Rdf-Comments@W3. Org" <www-rdf-comments@w3.org>
Cc: "Massimo Marchiori" <massimo@w3.org>

[sent already, but it didn't seem it went thru... maybe just the thin
air of Hawaii... retrying now, sorry again for double postings]

I just quickly read (yes, same flight... ;) the new RDF Test Cases as per
http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-testcases/
In the main text (not time so far to read all the actual use cases... ;)
there is in Section 2:
<quote>
A parser is considered to pass the test if it produces a graph isomorphic
with the graph described by the N-triples output document.
</quote>

This is wrong, according to the standard definition of graph isomorphism
(care when using words without accurate definitions...!).
You'd define it using the RDF-MT semantical equivalence instead.
There are possible related issues of conformance here, but that's the
only major error (or issue, depending... ;) I could find.

Thanks,
-M