Re: Broken n-triples in primer

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 09:33:26 +0100
To: Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>
cc: fmanola <fmanola@mitre.org>, em@w3.org, "'www-rdf-comments@w3.org'" <www-rdf-comments@w3.org>
>>>Aaron Swartz said:
> The Primer claims to be using N-Triples in examples like:
>
> """
> <http://www.example.org/index.html>
> <http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/creator>
> <http://www.example.org/staffid/85740> .
> """
>  - http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-rdf-primer-20020426/
>
> But N-Triples can't have line breaks in the middle of a statement. Pleace
> fix so your examples are correct.

I made this comment ont he first primer draft - either to get the
N-Triples corrected or removed (in the sense, don't use the N-Triples
words).  The latter makes sense since N-Triples is not a format for
users, but for testing implementations - RDF/XML is the RDF syntax.

However we know that triples formats of various forms are very useful
for education, either written out as sentences or in 3-form.  I left
it up to the editors to work out.

Dave