namespace question

[freed from spam trap -rrs]

Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 12:25:56 -0500 (EST)
From: "Tim Sebel" <tsebel@enleague.com>
To: <www-rdf-comments@w3.org>

I am fairly new to rdf/xml/daml+oil and ontology building, so I may be
missing the obvious answer, however:

Throughout our ontologies, we reference rdf, rdfs, and daml in our namespace
declarations. I have noticed that the namespaces don't always reference the
same URL. Some of the referenced URLs no longer exist, if they ever did.

Is there a standard/suggested way to deal with changing URLs for new
rdf/rdfs/daml specs?
Am I going to need to alter them throughout our ontology?

I was considering creating a schema that points to the relevant URLs outside
our ontology and then referencing the new schema everywhere else. That way,
if I need to change the URLs there is only one place that it needs to be
done.

thoughts?

tim sebel

enleague systems