Re: refactoring RDF/XML Syntax

Hi Massimo,

Nice to hear from you.

My last message was a rather stilted because I was trying to be real careful to
reflect the actual state rather than my personal interpretation of it.  I'm
gonna try to be a little more relaxed here in the hope of communicating better.

The short answer answer is that the WG has not done any violence to the core RDF
model.

Massimo Marchiori wrote:

> But the moment you're touching heavily the model, like you say in the last line, I don't understand
> the mission of Core any more, as you're modifying the RDF foundations.

Section 5 of M&S

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2001Jun/att-0021/00-part#189

In effect what we have done is to say - hey - containers can be defined in terms
of other primitive RDF concepts of resource, type and property, so they don't
need special treatment in the bottom layer of the RDF model.  In effect we are
just moving them to another part of the spec.  Do you see a problem with that?

[...]

> Can you/somebody cast some light :) ?

did that help?  Sorry I was so clumsy earlier.

Brian