Re: anon resources and rdf:parseType='daml:collection'

From: Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 07:31:43 -0700
To: "Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: <www-rdf-comments@w3.org>
On Friday, July 27, 2001, at 06:55  AM, Jeremy Carroll wrote:

> I wished to offer a use case in which it makes a significant difference
> whether anonymous resources are allocated a URI or not.

Jeremy,

It has always been my understanding that RDF is an interchange
format. While, I agree, that the long form of daml:collection is
rather unwieldy, is that really very important? If the idea is
that nothing but machines will read it, I don't think it's worth
making important decisions, simply to make the RDF look
"cleaner".

What are your thoughts?
--
       "Aaron Swartz"      | ...schoolyard subversion...
  <mailto:me@aaronsw.com>  |  <http://aaronsw.com/school/>