Re: URI's for statements

From: Sergey Melnik <melnik@db.stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 10:48:29 -0800
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
CC: www-rdf-comments@w3.org
Brian,

in the posting

	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2000Jan/0054.html

I exchanged with Jonas some ideas about generated IDs for anonymous
resources, statements, and models. In another posting,

	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/1999Dec/0046.html

I sketched an algorithm for generating IDs for anonymous resources that
is fairly robust wrt changes in the original document. This algorithm
has been implemented in the strawman parser (contained in the Stanford
API). The API page also describes the model digest algorithm that is
currently used.

I'd like to reiterate that a lot of confusion around anonymous resources
is caused by mixing model and syntax issues. Those two sides of the coin
need to be considered independently.

BTW, did I ever tell you how much I appreciate your work on resolving
RDF's teething troubles? ;)

Sergey