Embeded bagID

From: Pierre-Antoine CHAMPIN <champin@bat710.univ-lyon1.fr>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 14:48:43 +0100
To: ML RDF-comment <www-rdf-comments@w3.org>
There is (IMHO) an ambiguity in the spec :

what model should the following RDF piece return ?

  <rdf:Description about="a" bagID="bag1">
    <some:prop rdf:ID="st1">
      <rdf:Description about="b" bagID="bag2">
        <some:otherProp rdf:ID="st2">
          A literal
        </some:otherProp>
      </rdf:Description>
    </some:prop>
  </rdf:Description>

Clearly, this will produce a bag #bag2 containing statement #st2,
but what should the bag #bag1 contain ?

Though my interpretation would be #st1 AND #st2,
SiRPAC make it only contain #st1, as if #bag2 hide #bag1.

 is this a bug or a feature of SiRPAC ?
 is there a wrong and a right interpretation ?
 if mine is wrong, what is the rationale of the right interpretation ?

  Pierre-Antoine Champin

--
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the
universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.