Re: Possible buf of SiRPAC (relative URI resolution for "resource" attribute)

From: Art Barstow <barstow@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 08:24:59 -0500
To: Ryo Asai <asai@sec.co.jp>
Cc: www-rdf-comments@w3.org
On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 10:54:35AM +0900, Ryo Asai wrote:

> Does anyone tell me SiRPAC’s implementation is right or not.

FYI - this issue was raised a while ago by someone from the
CC/PP WG:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2000AprJun/0013.html

and given the response from Ralph Swick (co-editor of the M&S spec):

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2000AprJun/0014.html

my take is that SiRPAC is following the "expectation of the Working
Group".

Note, however, that Ralph states:

  In fact, the RDF Model and Syntax specification does not tell you
  how to construct a full URI for the resource named by an ID or bagID.
  The resources are addressable at best only locally within the
  same RDF/XML expression.

Given that the construction of a full URI is not specified, it seems
like SiRPAC [and any other system that constructs such a URI] should
be "right" or "not wrong" :-).

Art
---