Misleading note about extensibiity of Collection syntax

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 12:53:54 -0500
To: www-rdf-comments@w3.org
I think this is bogus:

"Note: The RDF Schema specification [RDFSCHEMA] also defines
a mechanism to declare additional subclasses of these container
types, in which case production [18] is extended to include the
names of those declared subclasses."

-- http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-rdf-syntax-19990222/#containers

For example, consider:

<rdfs:Class id="#MyContainer">

Is an RDF 1.0 parser expected to parse MyContainer
as a typednode or as a container? The note suggests
container... but suppose the statement that
MyContainer is a Container were in some document
linked from this one, and that document's source
was questionable, and I don't necessarily trust it.
Does the model I get from this document depend
on whether I trust some other document? I hope not.