RE: Comments on RDF Schema specification

From: Desmond D'Souza <desmond-dsouza@austin.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 17:45:01 -0500
To: "Pierre-Antoine CHAMPIN" <champin@bat710.univ-lyon1.fr>, "Michel Klein" <mcaklein@cs.vu.nl>, <www-rdf-comments@w3.org>
> > Second, in contrast with RDFS, OIL allows more than one range
> restriction
> > on a property.
>
> this would be nice too, I agree.

Is this different from the "OR" class expression, if you just allow class
expressions anywhere you allow a class?

Also, why not treat all "values" as immutable objects? e.g. 7, 3.142, "abc"
are objects, and the strings we use to represent them are just URIs for
them. Sure, those particular URIs are optimized, so we can do (7+1) and
uppercase("abc") efficiently.

- Desmond