RDF for MP3, ASF, etc.

From: Charlie Kaiman <ckaiman@i3solutions.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 16:15:37 -0400
To: "'www-rdf-comments@w3.org'" <www-rdf-comments@w3.org>
I was just wondering if someone could help me understand how RDF will work
anything other than text-based files, e.g. html, xml, svg, etc., etc.?  For
instance, I completely understand how an agent could find the metadata in a
document like this:
    <rdf:Description about="">
<rdf:Seq ID="CreatorsAlphabeticalBySurname"
  rdf:_1="Mary Andrew"
  rdf:_2="Jacky Crystal"/>
<P>This is a fine document.</P>

... however, what if the document is an MP3, ASF, or even a Word Document
for that matter?  How would I -- surround?? -- my file with the RDF syntax?
Are we going to have to rely on middleware packages to provide this
functionality, or is there a more reasonable, i.e. cheaper and easier, way
to do this?
Thanks in advance, if anyone can answer this for me.
Kind regards,
Charlie Kaiman