Re[1]: how to address RDF fragment

From: Pierre-Antoine CHAMPIN <pachampi@caramail.com>
Date: Thu Apr 20 04:52:29 2000
To: "Ralph R. Swick" <swick@w3.org>
CC: <www-rdf-comments@w3.org>
> That is, the expectation of the Working Group was to say
that
> the full URI of a resource named in a Description element
using
> the ID attribute is formed by concatenating the base URI
of the
> XML document (however that may be determined, including
the new
> XBase specification http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlbase), a "#"
character,
> and the ID attribute value.  I now think that this is
wrong.
> (...)
> In fact, the RDF Model and Syntax specification does not
tell you
> how to construct a full URI for the resource named by an
ID or bagID.

aouch ! this sounds kind of revolutionnary to me !
Although I agree with you that plain URI+'#'+ID is not a
good solution,
every implementation of RDF I know is using it this way !

How could we use a schema, else ?
(unless the schema does not use rdf:ID at all, which is a
solution...)

We need to clarify this point quickly, I think.
Does this mean we are fast heading to RDF 2.0, at last  ?
;-P

  Pierre-Antoine

Vendez tout... aux enchères - http://www.caraplazza.com