[www-rdf-comments] <none>

From: Jeffrey E. Sussna <jes@kuantech.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 17:10:15 -0800
To: <www-rdf-comments@w3.org>
I am confused by a couple of things in the RDF Schema spec:

1. Why is rdfs:Resource part of the rdfs namespace, while rdf:Property is
part of the rdf namespace? Aren't resources defined by the RDF M&S spec?

2. I don't understand the use of qualified vs. unqualified attribute names in Appendix A (Compact Serialization). In the cases where attribute comes from the same name space as the element to which it applies, the namespace is left off the attribute. For example:

	"<rdf:Property ID=" as opposed to "<rdfs:Class rdf:ID="

However, the following also appears: "<rdf:Property about=" and "<rdfs:Class about="

Does the XML namespace spec say anything explicit about using qualified vs. unqualified attribute names? I have read it several times without gaining clarity on this question.

Jeff

P.S. Just to confuse me more, I noticed the following: "<rdf:domain rdf:resource=". The property "domain" should be in the "rdfs" namespace, resulting in the following, which is consistent: <rdfs:domain rdf:resource=".

Kuantech, Inc.                            http://www.kuantech.com
Jeffrey E. Sussna, Principal                     jes@kuantech.com

Distributed Content Architectures for Dynamic Online Applications