Re: SiRPACs reaction on '&'

From: Dan Brickley <Daniel.Brickley@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:43:44 +0100 (BST)
To: Christian Capelle <capelle@kbs.uni-hannover.de>
cc: www-rdf-comments@w3.org

This is an XML issue rather than RDF/SiRPAC. '&' in XML indicates an
'entity' reference, so the XML layer (SAX) used by SiRPAC gets confused.
I've found that replacing '&'s with '&amp;' (an entity representing the
ampersand) works just fine.

This is one of those HTML/web wierd legacy things. '&'s are used all
over the shop in URLs, but shouldn't really appear in SGML docs
unescaped, so were an odd thing for the CGI spec to have used...

Dan