Re: problem installing SiRPAC

From: Janne Saarela <Janne.Saarela@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 09:25:10 +0200 (MET DST)
To: Lalitha Suryanarayana <lalitha@tri.sbc.com>
cc: www-rdf-comments@w3.org
Hello Lalitha

> I am trying to install SiRPAC-1.11 on Sun Solaris 2.6 running JDK1.2beta4. I
> have installed xml4j (1.1.16 and 2.0.6) as well as saxjava-1.0. I believe that
> my PATH and CLASSPATH have been properly set. Yet I am not able to execute the
> java -D... command successfully:
>
> - If I execute the downloaded SiRPAC.class file, I get an "Exception in thread
> "main" java.lang.ClassFormatError: org/w3c/rdf/SiRPAC (Illegal constant pool
> type)" error.

I must have introduced the class files to cvs without the -kb flags.
This causes cvs to mangle the byte code (.class) files so your
action to recompile was a good choice.

Could you also send the contents of the RDF file you gave as the parameter
to SiRPAC. This might reveal if the internals of SiRPAC need a fix.

Janne
--
Janne Saarela           | Visiting scientist
Email: jsaarela@w3.org  | World Wide Web Consortium http://www.w3.org/