Status of propoerties defined by RDF

From: Rick Jelliffe <ricko@allette.com.au>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 02:06:54 +1000
To: <www-rdf-comments@w3.org>
Cc: <ricko@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
In the RDF spec, section 4..1 says "To model statements RDF defines the
following properties:
subject...predicate...type...object..."

However, in section 6, "Formal Grammat for RDF", there is no mention
made of these built-in properties.

Of course, section 6 includes any conforming properties, but it is
confusing for the RDF spec to include some poperties (bag, seq, alt)
while leaving out the 4 modeling properties.

(I only discovered this on revising my RDF DTD, at
http://www.ascc.net/xml/en/utf-8/resource_index.html.
This DTD seems to be quite popular. I hope someday you include a DTD in
the RDF spec, since the BNF is so difficult to follow in comparison.)

Rick Jelliffe
Academia Sinica
Taipei, Taiwan