Re: Are duplicate property/value pairs permitted for a resource?

Samuel Yang wrote:

> I think "facts" must be incontrovertible within a single RDF dataset.
> Ideally a single RDF dataset should be shared only by agents that share the
> same belief system.  However, if a single dataset is shared between agents
> with different belief systems, then those agents somehow deemed "unreliable"
> (perhaps all of them) must use reified statements.  Otherwise, the dataset
> is itself unreliable and therefore useless.

Agreed.

> In fact, if as John proposed, an RDF processor were able to support
> alternative beliefs as facts,

I made no such proposal.  I simply asked what it meant to delete
a fact from an RDF dataset.

> the processor would still have to internally
> represent every fact as a reified statement.  That is, the processor must
> remember internally for each fact which agent asserted it.

The second sentence does not imply the first: an RDF engine might
remember the author (in the sense "authority" as well as "creator")
of a fact without using RDF to represent that, though it is a
sensible technique.