Subject: Re: comments on RDF draft 8 Oct 1998: no abbreviated syntax

From: Eric J. Miller <emiller@oclc.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 14:32:44 -0500
To: jdavis@parc.xerox.com
Cc: www-rdf-comments@w3.org

Thank you for your comments regarding the RDF Model and Syntax

Without some abbreviations, many metadata communities will invent
their own syntax.... which we consider to be beneficial to avoid.
Additionally, the abbreviated syntax is needed to permit embedding in
HTML without affecting the rendering.

Ralph Swick, W3C Metadata Activity Leader
Eric Miller, Bob Schloss, RDF Model and Syntax Chairs