Re: Concerning iCal in RDF

> Hi All,
>
> I would be also happy to see iCal being cleared up as well, especially
> the basic things like the namespace issue (2002/12/cal/ical# vs
> 2002/12/cal/icaltzd#). Currently it is also fairly non-ontological for
> my taste, e.g. using literals for days of week. I understand that as
> usual there is a trade-off between following the original spec vs.
> ontologizing. (Another example: locations as literals versus resources.)
>
> Martin Hepp might be interested to get involved, because he worked on
> opening hours in GoodRelations. Tom Heath and myself also worked on an
> 'availability vocabulary', see [1], which could also be used for
> inspiration.
>
> Personally, I don't have much time to get involved... but I'm happy to
> comment on any drafts that might come out.

Yes, RDFCalendar definitely needs to be polished up at this stage in a
similar manner to the recent polishing of vCard in RDF, but...it's a
harder domain (I'm sure DanC has something to say). However, what we could
do also
is put it into scope for a proposed W3C WG that the Social Web XG is
thinking of recommending and drafting the charter for. Or we could just
issue another SWIG note and update.

   cheers,
      harry