From: www-rdf-calendar-request@w3.org
[mailto:www-rdf-calendar-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Dan Connolly
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2006 9:55 AM
To: Tim Hare
Cc: www-rdf-calendar@w3.org; ietf-caldav@osafoundation.org
Subject: Re: iCalendar to XML transform

On Sun, 2006-11-12 at 21:11 -0500, Tim Hare wrote:
> I've worked out an XSL transform which I believe will convert any
> iCalendar file to an XML document that has a node for each component
> and property in the input file, with attributes on component elements
> which are the parameters on the properites input.
>
> One issue, remains, however: the only way I could find to bring in the
> iCalendar file was as a defined SYSTEM entity in the XSL stylesheet
itself.

What prompted you to try using XSLT for parsing .ics files?

My approach to reading iCalendar has been to use python and build
JSON-shaped structures, and then convert to various XML formats using Kid
templates.
http://www.w3.org/2002/12/cal/icslex.py
http://www.w3.org/2002/12/cal/icsxml.py

Hmm... not much documentation in those modules. I wrote an couple items on a
similar exercise involving quicken data...
Getting my Personal Finance data back with hCalendar and hCard Submitted by
connolly on Wed, 2006-03-08
http://dig.csail.mit.edu/breadcrumbs/node/96
using JSON and templates to produce microformat data Submitted by connolly
on Sun, 2006-03-19
http://dig.csail.mit.edu/breadcrumbs/node/99

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E