Accessibility of Timeline.

Hi everyone,

Just to be sure, Timeline is very beautiful and cool and could be
really a nice feature for the Web. I will try to reply to David
questions about accessibility, but keep in mind that the best place
to do is with WAI people. Maybe WAI IG
	w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

About the problem I mentionned here
http://rdfig.xmlhack.com/2006/07/03/2006-07-03.html#1151889629.459723

Le 4 juil. 06 à 01:48, David Huynh a écrit :
> Thank you for bringing up these accessibility concerns. I do
> realize they are serious, and they plague most AJAX applications,
> but I have little expertise in the area of accessibility. So your
> guidance will be greatly appreciated. Do you have any specific
> suggestions on how to make Timeline more accessible? I'm all ears.
>
> As for iCalendar data, is there a Javascript library off-the-shelf
> that I can use to parse iCalendar data?

Timeline is basically a calendar with extra information with annotation.

Question for WAI: what is the best way to create a calendar in HTML
is it a table or a list? I remember in the past I had try to
represent that as a list and display it as a table.
	http://www.la-grange.net/2003/09/08-calendrier-list
	Be careful it's not necessary the best solution, maybe people from
WAI could point us to a page explaining the best ways to create a
calendar in HTML.

The main issue is that right now timeline "doesn't exist" :) for many
kind of users some people with certain type of disabilities, for most
search engines.

Why?

Because the data are not in HTML in the Web page. What I would like
to see for the next version of Timeline.

Given that all data are in the HTML page with a specific set of class
names/markup, the javascript modify the DOM to get the beautiful
rendering that you have right now.

1. Design the HTML markup/structure with accessibility in mind
2. Put the data into this structure in real text
2. Design the javascript to beautify the data contained in the HTML page

Every users will benefit.
	- common users
	- people with disabilities
	- ice on top of cake: search engine.