Re: RRULE for "every 4th Thursday"

Bryce W Nesbitt wrote:

> A question for you all: Community and club meetings are often scheduled
> as a particular weekday, e.g.
> "the 3rd Wednesday of the month".  How can this repeat rule be specified
> in iCal?
> Which vendors would then support the resulting calendar?
>
> I get about as far as:
>    RRULE:FREQ=MONTHLY;BYDAY=WE
>
>                                  -Bryce

3rd Wednesday of each month:

	RRULE:FREQ=MONTHLY;BYDAY=3WE

The last Wednesday of each month would be ( '-' == from end):

	RRULE:FREQ=MONTHLY,BYDAY=-1WE

Many vendors support the first example of a rule. I do not have a list.
I am not sure about how many use the kind in the 2nd example.

--

Doug Royer                     | http://INET-Consulting.com

               We Do Standards - You Need Standards