Re: [Ietf-calsify] Re: Google Speculation, but interesting

From: <pregen@egenconsulting.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:21:16 -0500
To: Tim Hare <TimHare@comcast.net>
Cc: Calsify <ietf-calsify@osafoundation.org>, ietf-calsify-bounces@osafoundation.org, www-rdf-calendar@w3.org
I think the item on the Blog is about iCal - which is the Apple standard.
The apple standard is based on the original work but it's not iCalendar.
___________________
Patricia Egen Consulting
www.egenconsulting.com
423-875-2652

Tim Hare <TimHare@comcast.net>
Sent by: ietf-calsify-bounces@osafoundation.org
02/24/2005 04:51 PM

Calsify <ietf-calsify@osafoundation.org>, www-rdf-calendar@w3.org
cc

Subject
[Ietf-calsify] Re:  Google Speculation, but interesting

This is interesting... some months ago (3-4?) I sent in a suggestion to
Google that they develop a specialized search for calendar information,
and
I specifically suggested that they had such clout that they could boost
calendar standardization and iCalendar. Maybe one of their software
engineers got interested on his/her own.  In any event, Google's interest
in calendar can only help propel things along.

Cross posted to ietf-calsify and rdf-calendar because I got two separate
posts about this on the same day.

Tim Hare
Interested Bystander, Non-Inc.