summary of RDF calendar ScheduledTopicChat, 2004-03-24

From: Libby Miller <Libby.Miller@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 13:59:56 +0100 (BST)
To: www-rdf-calendar@w3.org

The last RDF Calendar ScheduledTopicChat was Wednesday 24th March 2004.

raw logs are here:

communal weblog is here:

initial suggestions for discussion (no real agenda):

At the meeting we discussed

1. Semaview's EventSherpa Calendar
2. HEML: Historical Markp and Linking
3. Small RDF calendar articles - any takers?
4. Next meeting

1. EventSherpa - Paul Cowles

* would like to see FOAF integration; geo
* interested in interests/needs of users from this community
* open source C# icalendar parser
* Masahide Kanzaki's XSLT RDFiCal parser useful to them

* every calendar published to the users profile/homepage as ics and rdf
and rss 1.0+event module and RSS 2.0
* each user also has a vcard published in rdf
* thousands of RDFiCal files
* can search for calendars (not yet events)

2. HEML: Historical Markp and Linking

* Masahide Kanzaki has been looking into converting between HEML and
* can then reuse HEML tools - for example SVG timeline with RDFiCal data

3. Small RDF calendar articles - any takers?

<DanC> at the Tech Plenary in France, libby and I talked about having a
handful of short articles on nifty things to do with RdfCalendar.
perhaps taking one of the wiki topics and elaborating it into an
article. Anybody interested?

16:24:59 <DanC> candidates include
http://esw.w3.org/topic/EventDiscovery ,
http://esw.w3.org/topic/CalendarScraping , etc.

Other candidates include including geo information, e.g.

4. Next meeting is Wed 7 Apr 14:30 UTC:

Please send agenda suggestions to the list or to me by
2004-04-06T12:00Z (tomorrow, midday UTC).