Re: Apple iCal updated

On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 15:04, Olivier Gutknecht wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> A quick mail to inform you that Apple iCal 1.5.1 has just been released
> (and should be available as download on http://www.apple.com/ical/ or
> through Mac OS X software update).

Great to see this; I have just started playing with it.

> Some points that might be interesting to people here using iCal in
> RDF-Calendaring experiments:
> - The RFC 2445 URL field is now supported for events and to-dos
> - RFC 2445 DESCRIPTION and ALARM support in UI for to-dos
> - When subscribing to a remote calendar, URL are clickable in event
> texts in inspector drawer.
> - Timezone support in UI for calendar views and events
> - Now exports a VTIMEZONE block

ooh! That was the one critical bug we had seen with
RFC2445 support. Great to hear this is fixed!

> - Better AppleScript support (including url field access and a way to
> reload everything from disk)

I'm just figuring out how to do this AppleScript fun.
Reminds me of HyperCard. Kinda fun!

I think I'd prefer OSA support from python, but
it's all good.