Re: A Japanese introduction to RDFical and CGI/XSLT

Libby Miller <Libby.Miller@bristol.ac.uk> wrote:
>    <Vevent>
>      <attendee>
>	<foaf:Person>
>	<calAddress rdf:resource="mailto:libby.miller@bristol.ac.uk"/>
>	<foaf:mbox_sha1sum>362ce75324396f0aa2d3e5f1246f40bf3bb44401</foaf:mbox_sha1sum>
>	</foaf:Person>
>      </attendee>
I don't see any problems with this approach, it's almost the same
triples as in the original syntax.

>and sometimes implies an interpretation of the iCalendar specification
>which uses a different namespace, e.g.
>    <Vevent>
>      <location>New York, Sheraton Hotel</location>
>      <geo>
>	<geo:Point>
>            <geo:lat>40.442673</geo:lat> <!--invented GPS coords-->
>            <geo:long>-79.945815</geo:long>
>	</geo:Point>
>      </geo>
This might be troublesome, however, since other
applications/implementations might reasonably expect the object of the
geo property to be coordinates.
This seems to be the samme issue as with dc:creator/foaf:maker, perhaps
it would be better to use something like cyc:near or foaf:based_near?

>* how do we feel about using different namespaces for iCalendar
>properties? (as in the geo case)
There should be no problems with mixing namespaces, but essentially
changing the range of properties could cause problems.

>* how do we feel about altering the syntax of the RDFiCal generated by
>the ical2rdf tools to make it easier to add say foaf or geo properties?
Fine with me.

>* should ical2rdf tools optionally generate foaf properties too, e.g.
>for mbox_sha1sum for attendee?
That sounds OK with me, unless ical2rdf should only be part of a
minimal round-tripping implementation.

>* do we need a best practice document for combining namespaces in this
>way with RDFiCal? (I think we do)
Indeed, a document explaining how to express various "extra"
information would be nice, also how to use events in other contexts,
much like you've written about before.

Regards,

Morten Frederiksen
---
A child of 5 could understand this!  Fetch me a child of 5.