RE: opening hours RDF cal use case

A thought that occurs to me - but may/may not be relevant.

Why encapsulate everything, especially this complex into a complex singular
structure?

As an alternative, could you not do the following:

Set up a reoccurring event that is "Shop opens"

Set up a reoccurring event that is "Shop closes"

Link the two events (may not be fully defined in RFC 2445 I know)

So, instead of creating a new metadata tag (which then everyone has to use
and program for potentially), could we not establish a more simple
consideration of event naming conventions?

As I said, just an idea - the concept being to use multiple objects instead
of one.

Clearly for some purposes, such as knowing whether or not at a given time a
shop will be open might be complex (i.e. some logic along the lines of "shop
is open after a [shop open] event, closed after a [shop closed] event" -
leaving unanswered perhaps what happens if the shop closes early one day
(second [shop closed] event, perhaps it is just ignored...

Not as well that this model would assume actions along a set of events vs.
actions on one object.

Just a thought,

Shannon