Re: Re: opening hours RDF cal use case

From: GRAHAM.GILMORE <GRAHAM.GILMORE@oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:10:11 -0800 (PST)
To: www-rdf-calendar@w3.org

> I think the 'Currently [OPEN]' aspect is an interesting challenge, as I
> think it will require some inference capabilities that are knowledgeable
> about time and calendar values.  But I don't see that as a data-mixing
> problem, which seems to be your thrust.

	I haven't followed the capabilities of the iCal->RDF conversion tools too closely, but wouldn't a VFREEBUSY be a better representation of "opening hours" than a VEVENT?  It implies that the the subject is available whenever it's not explicitly marked as busy, rather than having to figure out that this particular VEVENT defines opening hours (as opposed to, say, a sale, closed for renovations, etc. etc.).

	Graham