Re: RDF calendaring & GEO information

From: Libby Miller <Libby.Miller@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 12:20:42 +0100 (BST)
To: Negar Razbani-Tehrani <nrazba1@gl.umbc.edu>
cc: www-rdf-calendar@w3.org

hi Negar

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003, Negar Razbani-Tehrani wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been following the mailing list for some time now. I'm specially
> interested in combining the presentation of geographical information
> with calendars and drawing inferences upon them.
>
> My plan is to use your current RDF calendar (instead of the older hybrid
> calendar) below:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2002/12/cal/ical.rdf

this is defnitely the one to use.

> And the test data compiled so far from various sources to do this.
> I think you have mostly used CWM (python's reasoning engine) to do
> some similar things.

CWM is used to generate the schema - see

http://esw.w3.org/topic/RdfCalendarSchema

Personally, I very rarely use inferencing tools - I tend to use very
simple queries and hardcoded logic.

> There are so many ways to perform RDF queries and drawing inferences that
> it's hard to chose one set of tools vs. others.
>
> Can anyone from this group give me some guidelines or share their
> experiences about the tools they've used and liked?
>
> I am more leaning towards importing the RDF sample calendars into protege
> & using the Jess (tab) to do the reasoning. But I find it hard to do
> queries in Jess, any suggestions would be appreciated.

One thing you could do is try this question on www-rdf-rules@w3.org or
perhaps www-rdf-interest@w3.org where there are people who
might be able to give you an overview of the tools available.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Libby