Question/Anomaly regarding LOCATION in iCal

From: Terry Payne <trp@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 12:54:55 +0100
To: <www-rdf-calendar@w3.org>

	I've just been trying to resolve a couple of issues with the
hybrid-ical ontology, and noticed that there is the property LOCATION
whose range is ical:TEXT.  Fair enough.  But there are also two other
properties (ALTREP & LANGUAGE) who's range is also LOCATION, i.e. a
property which is the range of a property.  Is this legal?  I've an odd
feeling that it might be, but then what exactly does it mean?

Also, there is the following comment in the ontology:

<!-- changed LOCATIONs to GEOs as domains  2001-07-16 libby -->

In the SWWS ontology, a GEO is used as the range of the property
LOCATION.  This brings me to the question - are the following both
valid... and are they equivalent?

      <ical:TEXT rdf:value="TCSEQ Center" />

<ical:LOCATION> TCSEQ Center</ical:LOCATION>

Any thoughts?

Terry R. Payne, PhD.      | http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~trp/index.html
University of Southampton | Voice / Fax: 023 8059 6680 / 023 8059 2865
Southampton, SO17 1BJ, UK | Email: terry@acm.org / trp@ecs.soton.ac.uk