Re: a syntactic approach to RDF/ical interchange

I was planning on saying what I'm doing, perhaps now is the time. :-)

I use xCal to generate web pages. That's the xml version of iCalendar
and will perhaps someday be a standard. :-) I have some tools I use to
go from iCal to xCal and back that are mentioned here:

http://whiteboard.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?msgId=360121&listName=groupware
The tools are not pretty, they let me test. They do provide a round trip
from iCal to xCal and back.

I'm working on getting calendar data into OpenOffice.org's spreadsheet
and word processor. OOo provides filters to import/export xml. I have
set up filters that work with xCal.

I have also worked a bit with Mozilla's calendar and intend to modify it
to use calendar data from a mozilla datasource. Those datasources are
rdf. I did a little poking around and think I can come up with a
datasource that uses rdf to do the stuff that mozilla needs to have a
claendar datasource and have the datasource use both xCal and rdf to
model that calendar data. I will then take the rdf/xCal back to OOo and
propose they use it when they build groupware tools.

I'm going to look at Dan's ics to rdf - icaltordf.pl.
   and all the other stuff mentioned
     in my spare time :-)

I have some ics files. I'll make them available.

and

I'm the groupware project lead at OOo. If anyone wants to help get Dan's
rdf stuff working with OOo, come on down!
   http://whiteboard.openoffice.org/groupware/index.html

Gary