Re: ical schema based on 1 test case: mtg.ics

On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 23:28, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
> On 20 Dec 2002, Dan Connolly wrote:
>

> >Following from our discussion today about the new workspace
> >  http://www.w3.org/2002/12/cal/
> [snip]

[...]

> The Gregorian calendar was adopted at different times in
> different places.

OK, yes, the gregorian calendar sucks. But as they
say, it sucks less than everything else. That is: there's
an IETF RFC and a bunch of running code that groks
the gregorian calendar. The understanding shared
by the iCalendar spec readers/writers/implementors/users
is what I think we're modelling in
  http://www.w3.org/2002/12/cal/ical

That schema is grounded in real data coming from
real tools, plus a little bit of checking that
it conforms to the spec.

Hmm... time for a dc:description, I suppose.

I'm sorta interested in other calendars, but
that's another subject; i.e. I'll change
the subject line before going into that stuff...