Re: RDF semantics, access control description and timeranges

I hope to reply in substance presently, but
I'm not sure I'll be able to...

On Sun, 2002-12-15 at 07:33, Graham Klyne wrote:
[...]
> It seems that, using RDF, it is difficult to construct usage scenarios in
> which adding additional properties can be used to refine the precision of
> what is specified.  To do that requires a form of default reasoning, which
> is non-monotonic.

Indeed, this is a recurring issue; I'm working on proving
that my new calendar knows everything my old calendar knew,
and I'm wrestling with this issue; in particular, I have
rules ala

	IF it's an event with a date-time and timezone, do x
	ELSE do Y

well, I can't tell that it's *not* an event with  a date-time
based on lack of information.

I'm using log:notIncludes to do it.

More later, I hope.