Re: a syntactic approach to RDF/ical interchange

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: 01 Aug 2002 14:19:18 -0500
To: Gary Frederick <gary.frederick@jsoft.com>
Cc: www-rdf-calendar@w3.org, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>

On Wed, 2002-07-31 at 18:50, Gary Frederick wrote:
> Dan,
>
> I finally got some time to look further. I have some questions/comments. Should I post here?

Yes, please.
(I'm not currently subscribed to rdf-calendar; if you post here,
I'll eventually see it via the archives, but pls copy me
explicitly for conviniece all around. Maybe I'll subscribe...
hm...)

> Anyone object?
>
> For example
>
> The elements in xCal are all lower case.
>
> icaltordf.pl generates
>   <Vcalendar
>   <Vevent>
>   etc.

Yes... by convention, in RDF, class names start
with an uppercase letter, and property names
start with a lowercase letter.

> You may want to generate
>   <vcalendar
>   <vevent>

No, then they would look like property names.

I might want to generate
	<VCalendar>
	<VEvent>

but that would add a special case to the routine
that normalizes capitalization...

======
excerpt from
http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/pim/ical2rdf.pl
v 1.4 2002/07/18 05:26:36

sub camelCase{
  my($n, $initialCap) = @_;

  my(@words) = map(lc, split(/-/, $n));

  if($initialCap){
    return join('', map(ucfirst, @words));
  }else{
    return $words[0] . join('', map(ucfirst, @words[1..$#words]));
  }
}

sub testCamelCase{
  my(@cases, $n);

  @cases = ("DTSTART", "LAST-MODIFIED");
  foreach $n (@cases){
    printf "case: %s: prop: %s class: %s\n",
      $n, camelCase($n), camelCase($n, 1);
  }
}

======

see you in Montreal in August at Extreme Markup 2002?