Re: Generating content...

This isn't a complete solution, but...

I've found it easier to use Notation 3 [1] to create arbitrary RDF content
in a text editor, then use cwm [2] to convert it to RDF/XML.  For example,
my current WebWho profile source is at [3], which generates the RDF/XML [4].

The command line I use to activate cwm is this (replace '%1' with file name
stem, and change the path to cwm.py as appropriate):
   python d:\dev\swap\cwm.py --n3 %1.n3 --rdf --pipe >%1-cwm.rdf

#g

[1] http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Notation3.html

[2] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2000/10/swap/

[3] http://www.ninebynine.org/GKWebWho.n3

[4] http://www.ninebynine.org/GKWebWho-cwm.rdf

At 06:36 PM 11/3/01 -0500, Terry R. Payne wrote:
>People,
>         Are there any tools that generate iCal rdf content?
>Has anyone modified an iCal client to generate content?
>
>I've been thinking about the whole export issue, as a way of
>generating content for our Calendar Agent [1].  Right now, I've
>been using a text editor (which can be painfull to say the least,
>and error prone to boot!), but know that if we want to make this
>appealing to the man in the street, then thay have to be able to
>generate their own content (after all, who's going to be able to
>make use of the Three Rivers Film Festival markup if they don't
>live in Pittsburgh [2] ???)
>
>One solution would simply be to serialize the graph and dump
>the rdf in a file.  However, what if I have a meeting with someone
>who is already represented by some rdf (e.g. through vCard or the
>foaf ontology).  If this is the case, then I want to represent
>them via their resource rather than through a copy.  Likewise
>for a location, or any other concept that one would later want
>to reason about.  I'm planning to add some hooks to our agent so
>that if information is acquired via a resource as opposed to being
>defined inline, then the URI will get stored in Outlook, so that
>when a new event is generated, I can have it refer to the reource
>URI...
>
>Anyway, back to my initial point - has anyone tackled this issue
>with generating content from any calendar tool or editor?
>
>         Terry
>
>[1] http://www.daml.ri.cmu.edu/Cal
>[2] http://www.daml.ri.cmu.edu/Cal/2001-ThreeRiversFestival.rdf

>Terry R. Payne, PhD.    | http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~terryp/index.html
>CMU, Robotics Institute | Voice: (412) 268-8780 Fax: (412) 268-5569
>Pittsburgh, PA 15213    | Email: terry@acm.org or Terry.Payne@cmu.edu

Graham Klyne
GK@NineByNine.org