Re: More Work on iCalendar RDF Schema

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Aaron Swartz wrote:

> On Friday, June 22, 2001, at 01:03  PM, Libby Miller wrote:
>
> > However, this problem could I think be resolved if in RDF literals were
> > allowed to be the subjects of RDf statements, because then we could
> > subclass a literal for date-time, and preserve the simplicity
> >  while keeping the structure. Aaron - does that sound right?
>
> I'm not certain that would help -- it really depends more on the
> route we chose to add this feature. This does seem like a
> somewhat tricky issue you're facing.  The best way I can think
> of is something like:
>
> 	<dtstart><DateTime rdf:value="W3CDTF goes here" /></dtstart>
>
> What do you think?

Create DateTime as an rdfs:subClassOf rdf:Literal* and use that as the
range of your dtstart property.

Then hang on while we try to shovel some xml datatypes into RDF :-)

jan

* or rdfs:Literal, I forget which

Tel +44(0)117 9287163 Fax +44 (0)117 9287112 RFC822 jan.grant@bris.ac.uk
Whose kung-fu is the best?