Re: More Work on iCalendar RDF Schema

On Thursday, June 21, 2001, at 08:39  PM, Libby Miller wrote:

> some test data is at
> http://ilrt.org/discovery/2001/06/content/

Aha, now I can comment!

Why THEANNOYINGNAMES? I have difficulty distinguishing between
Classes and properties, and there is no good reason for keeping
them in ALLCAPS.

Why the funky dates? Can't we just use W3CDTF like everyone else?

Why duplicate ical:DESCRIPTION and dc:description ?

As a test, I tried transcribing
http://ilrt.org/discovery/2001/06/content/track2.rdf into N3
with the simplifications I propose above. Look at how much
simpler it is:

@prefix util: <http://ilrt.org/discovery/2001/06/schemas/ical-util#> .
@prefix foaf: <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/> .
@prefix dc: <http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/> .
@prefix event: <http://test.example.com/events/> .
@prefix speaker: <http://test.example.com/speakers/> .
@prefix : <http://ilrt.org/discovery/2001/06/schemas/ical-
full/hybrid.rdf#> .

[ a :VCalendar ;
	dc:description "2" ;
	:vEventProp event:137 .
] .

event:137  a :VEvent ;
	:dtStart "20010525T141500" ;
	:dtEnd "20010525T141500" ;
	:description "The State of XML" ;
	util:presentation [ a foaf:Document
		dc:creator speaker:40  ;
		dc:title "The State of XML" ;
		dc:description "This talk surveys the current state of
XML - from standards and standards-makers through to XML's role
in the architecture of the next generation of computer systems.
XML's influence is being felt ever more broadly: not only on the
Web and in business, but also in more unexpected places such as
operating systems and embedded devices. Aided by an energetic,
creative and sometimes controversial community, the state of XML
is looking better than ever." ] .

speaker:40 a foaf:Person, :CalAddress .