Perl CGI Scripts -> Oracle Web Server

I would appreciate some suggestions for our foray into DB and Web. Right
now I'm putting up CGI's using perl and reading/writing to flat files.
Very slow but it's easy to build in functionality. But we're about to get
involved with Oracle Web Server option. Our web server is still back at
SunOS 4.1.3, I'm not sure if we need to put Oracle 7.?? * onto this
machine or just do remote calls. Any experience with converting perl
scripts over to oracle pl/sql would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

David.

/ David F. Dumaresq                            / david@kwantlen.bc.ca       /|
| Programmer/Analyst, I. S. & Computing        | www.kwantlen.bc.ca/~david  ||
| Kwantlen University College, BC, Canada      | (604) 599-2120/2320 (fax)  ||