INTRO..

Greetings,

I am a new subscriber to this list so I thought I would send a quick
introduction.

I'm working as a consultant at Illustra Information Technologies - an
object-relation database company,  and among other things working on our Web
"Datablade".

We are looking at generation of HTML by the database engine , generation of
HTML _within_ the database engine, and storing HTML documents with "embedded
SQL" actually in the database.

I personally am working on the theory that the present wave of perl
interfaces to databases on the Web is something of a phase.  It was useful
at first, until the concepts and issues become more clearly defined, but it
will become a prototyping and low-end tool as more heavy duty web interfaces
become available (APIs such as with Netscape & integrated servers such as
Naviserver & Database company specific hooks).

Wouldn't it be nice to be have the tools to not have to resort to perl - or
even CGI at all... *sigh*.

The opinions expressed are my own and not the opinions of my employer.
Sean Riley                                                 Phone:(510) 869-6372
Illustra Information Technologies                Email: sean@illustra.com
"Hookt on foniks werkt fer mee!"
http://www.illustra.com (demos for the masses in "TestFlight")