RE: XQuery Update - unordered collection of update primitives

The updating integrity is guaranteed by the commutability constraints
(only operations considered to be commutable are allowed). The reason
you want an unordered collection is that you can perform your updates
efficiently and potentially in parallel.

Best regards
Michael