xs:gYear etc. datatypes

From: Pavel Velikhov <pvelikhov@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 05:50:36 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-ql@w3.org
Hi,

  We have incorporated support for all date/time datatypes into our DBMS, however the usage of xs:Year, xs:YearMonth, etc. datatypes seems to be extremelly limited. Neither accessor functions, nor comparison operators (except for equality) are supported on these datatypes. Are you planning to make these datatypes first-class citizens at some point in the future and will be going on the wrong track by adding accessor functions and comparisons for these datatypes in our system?

Thank you,
Pavel Velikhov
Sedna XML database team