XML Query Test Suite version 0.9.0

From: Andrew Eisenberg <andrew.eisenberg@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 15:03:05 -0400
To: www-ql@w3.org
The XML Query Working Group and the XSL Working Group would like to
announce the availability of version 0.9.0 of the XML Query Test Suite
(XQTS) at http://www.w3.org/XML/Query/test-suite/.

XQTS 0.9.0 provides an early look at this test suite. It contains almost
all of the tests that will exist when the test suite has been completed.
We have made a number of changes to the test suite based on CR issues that
have been resolved (identified in our release notes). The number of
XQueryX test cases has increased significantly in this release.

We encourage implementors to build their test harnesses and to provide
feedback to the XML Query Working Group.  We have received the results of
running XQTS with three implementations of XQuery: Saxon-SA, xq2xsl, and
X-Hive/DB. A report that reflects these results is available from our web
page.

Looking ahead, we are planning to release XQTS 1.0 on June 9, 2006.

                                                -- Andrew

Andrew Eisenberg
IBM
4 Technology Park Drive