RE: XML query language for selecting and manipulating

There are plans to add an 'update facility' to XQuery. you can
find a working draft of requirements for such a facility at:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery-update-requirements/

Several XQuery implementations support some form of updates.
Notably Galax (http://www.galaxquery.org/).

- Jerome

www-ql-request@w3.org wrote on 03/07/2005 12:47:14 PM:

> The two options are XQuery and XSLT.
>
> Neither has in-situ update at present; in both cases the way you modify
> documents is to create a modified copy.
>
> The ability to identify a collection of documents as input is more of a
> product feature than a language feature. You will probably find that
XQuery