Re: new drafts published

From: Liam Quin <liam@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:11:33 -0400
To: Michael Rys <mrys@microsoft.com>
Cc: Philip Wadler <wadler@inf.ed.ac.uk>, "Tolkin, Steve" <Steve.Tolkin@FMR.COM>, www-ql@w3.org

At least I know people read the announcements now!

Thanks for the feedback (Michael, Mike, Steve, Phil...).

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 01:34:47AM -0700, Michael Rys wrote:
> I find the last two announcements (programming language and PERL-like)
> to be more contra-productive to the adoption and acceptance of XQuery.

After noting that Perl seems by far the closest of the widely-used
languages in syntax to XQuery, I'm happy to take alternate suggestions.
Send them to me privately, or copy the chairs.  Remember also that it
related to the joint and separate work of two Working Groups.

Best,

Liam

http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/