RE: default namespace in constructed element

But (according to section 3.7.1.2 of the current XQuery WD) the
namespace declaration does change the default namespace for the
constructor expression.  Therefore, the path expression will look for
elements "a" in the namespace "www.xyz.com" and return the empty
sequence.  In other words, the element will not be inserted at all.

Bas de Bakker
X-Hive Corporation