Question on XQuery Formal Semantics - 4.7 Constructors

From: Peter Coppens <pgp.coppens@pandora.be>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 21:45:04 +0100
To: <www-ql@w3.org>
All,

The normalization section for direct element constructors defines two
instances of ElementContent-unit that fall back on the ElementContent
normalization rule. What I find surprising is that the actual normalization
rule for DirElemConstructor is not given in terms of the ElementContent-unit
rule, but directly in terms of the ElementContent rule. I therefore get the
impression that the ElementContent-unit rules are actually not referred to
at all.

Can someone indicate what I am misreading?

Thanks,

Peter