Re: questionable syntax choices for XQuery

From: Xavier Franc <xfranc@online.fr>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 22:45:08 +0200
To: www-ql@w3.org

Some personal remarks about the semicolon separator between declarations:

- it has been added silently in November (not listed in change list)
  that's not nice for implementers...

- I have never understood the necessity of this change.
  Is there some subtle lexical issue that I dont see ?

  actually this separator is optional in my own implementation
  and I never noticed any parsing problem.

- I agree with Jason that making parser writing easier
  is not a good justification for such a change.

Is it too late for suggesting to make the separator optional ?