Re: creation order vs. document order

From: Jan Hidders <jan.hidders@ua.ac.be>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 01:31:52 +0200
To: <www-ql@w3.org>

On Tuesday 23 September 2003 23:54, Michael Rys wrote:
> What Michael points out is that there are two notions of orders for
> nodes.

I'm not sure I understand your point. I know that is what he was trying to
point out and I believe I already made clear that I already knew that by
asking the follow-up questions that I asked. My comment was that the example
that he gave:

>> return $tree1[1] << $tree1[2]

does not demonstrate that the sibling-order of the two y elements is equal to
their document order. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what he wants to make
clear with the example, but otherwise I don't see the point of it.

Anyway, I still would like to know if it is possible for child nodes in a
fragment that is not in a document to have a sibling-order that is different
from the document order. Right now the formal semantics seem to say that it
can. That surprises me.

-- Jan Hidders