Re: testcases for optional axes?

From: Per Bothner <per@bothner.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 12:33:59 -0700
To: "Kay, Michael" <Michael.Kay@softwareag.com>
Cc: www-ql@w3.org

Kay, Michael wrote:

> I don't have (or know of) any tests that don't depend on an XSLT
> harness, but if you write your tests as XPath 1.0 expressions then you
> could verify the results by putting the same expressions through an XSLT
> processor or a free-standing XPath processor.

That's a good idea.  Though I'm worried about tricky corner cases I
may not have thought of.

So far I've written 7 little tests for the additional axes, and they
at least provide a sanity test.  (If anyone is curious, they're in the
Kawa CVS repository in gnu/xquery/testsuite/TestMisc.java along with
a bunch of other XQuery tests.)
--
	--Per Bothner